Construction
 

Home
History
Mission
Rules
Fundraising
Calendar
Events
Newsletter
Links
Photo Gallery
Bike and Ride
Maps
Cruisers
Depot Restoration
Construction
Volunteer
Gift Shop
About Us

Special Edition 2005 Donor Recognition Newsletter

Construction Zone

This section of our web site is dedicated to current and upcoming trail  construction news. Here you will find:
bulletinformation on future project and trail construction/improvements.
bulletupdates on the progress of current projects
bulletphotos of work in progress

Cardinal Greenway Losantville Project - Construction started the first week of November 2005 AND IT ENDED NOVEMBER 2006!

Photo gallery - updated pictures of the completed Losantville trail section coming soon!

In 2003, Cardinal Greenways received Transportation Enhancement funding to extend the Cardinal Greenway south from Delaware County Road 532 East to Losantville. This project has added approximately 7 additional miles of trail to the Cardinal Greenway, bringing the total number of continuous Cardinal Greenway trail miles to 27! 

Losantville section of trail is officially


 

Click here for official press release on opening of Losantville section.


Cardinal Greenway Recreational Corridor in Richmond is growing this way! 
The Wayne County Commissioners through the Wayne County Cardinal Greenway Steering Committee were awarded a 1 million dollar INDOT Transportation Enhancement project to construct trail from Industries Road in Richmond north to Webster Rd in the town of Webster.  The project will add approximately 3.5 new trail miles to the Cardinal Greenway Recreational Corridor.  Construction could begin as early as late 2007 or early 2008.  Project engineering is under contract with Bonar Group of Fort Wayne. 

Cardinal Greenway and Granville Avenue
We have received many calls and emails about this project. This land is not owned by Cardinal Greenway. It is owned by JG Case Construction and they are the ones doing the clearing work.

Construction near Riggin Road and Cardinal Greenway

This is not a Cardinal Greenway project. It is an access road for a new housing addition. Please be cautious of dirt on trail in this area. If there is excessive dirt or debris on asphalt please report it to our office at 765-287-0399.

Construction on the McKinley Neighborhood Pocket Park began early 2005. The park will be located just north of the Wysor Street Depot and south of the White River along the Cardinal Greenway. The project is being designed and built by Ball State University Landscape Architecture students. Click for photo gallery.


White River Greenway Phase II is complete!

 This phase:

bulletconnects Westside and Tuhey (pool) Parks by building trail along the White River from Nichols Avenue to the High Street bridge
bulletcontinue the McCulloch Park trail east along White River to the Bunch Boulevard Riverview Overlook in Whitely.

Eighty percent of construction funds are from Transportation Enhancements.  We have successfully raised our 20% match.  This project is fully funded.

 
John Craddock Nature PreserveWhite River Greenway Phase III - projected 2007

Following completion of White River Greenway Phase II, Phase III will continue the asphalt trail east along the river from Whitely’s Riverview Overlook to the John Craddock Nature Preserve (just north of Gavin Street).  As part of Phase III, we will also develop a major trailhead on the eastern end of the White River Greenway.

Transportation Enhancement funding will cover 80% of construction costs, but construction of the White River Greenway Phase III is contingent on our ability to raise the remaining 20%.  This project is not yet fully funded. 

Riverview OverlookFuture site of White River Greenway along Bunch Boulevard

Send mail to Webmaster with questions or comments about this web site.
Copyright © 2002
Cardinal Greenway, Inc. - 700 E. Wysor St. - Muncie, IN 47305  Phone 765-287-0399